Sunday 9 November 2014

SOCIAL MEDIA

Definition: "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking." (Google)
Social Media enables people to create online profiles that can be view by a worldwide audience if allowed. It enables us to reach friends and family further away, meet new people, make a name for ourselves or just to enjoy.

1. Instagram
Instagram enables you to post pictures of day to day life and have people that they interest to follow you. You can follow brands and celebrities or just friends, following brands keeps you up to date with sales and events as its one of the biggest apps for social networking. It will also be useful to me in the future as my follower count is increasing, and I use it as a blogging platform almost, so an audience always helps.

2. Spotify
I use spotify constantly. My account is upgraded to premium so I can listen without ads, whenever wherever. My friends use my account, its an amazing way to find new music, whilst storing all your old music too. Spotify always comes in handy, its a profile of what you listen to which in a way, shows a big part of you.  I can see it being useful to me in endless ways.

3. Flickr
Ive used flickr since I got my first camera. Its one of the best platforms to use if you take an interest in photography,  as its audience and users are mainly photographers. It enables you to post your photos onto a portfolio like profile, for anyone in the world to see, if thats what you choose. It will be useful to me, and always has been because I take a vast interest in photography and its a place to display your work to others for free, and its an online portfolio.

4. Tumblr
Tumblr is my main blogging site, so much so I open the app and start blogging without realising sometimes. It enables you to reblog others text and pictures etc or just post your own which others can then reblog from you. You can meet interesting people and gain a large follower count that can create an online persona people recognise you by. When I first started using tumblr, my follower count reached about 18,000. This helped me get recognition for my blogging and photographs. When I deleted that account I gained a larger following on sites such as instagram and twitter, my current blog has a following of  4,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment