Sunday 30 November 2014

WOMEN FASHION POWER

So I visited the Women / Fashion / Power exhibition at The Design Museum, it was pretty inspiring, it put into perspective how powerful women have become over the last 100 years, which to me as a female, is very influential. The exhibition itself was a bit unorganised, very all over the place with nothing too extravagant or eye catching. The best part to me was seeing so much about the power of women in one place, and seeing some collections and designers I really like. My favourite parts had to be the world war posters, which presented really powerful women which was quite shocking at the time, and vivienne westwoods original punk tartan suit and god save the queen tee. Overall I'd recommend its worth a look if feminism or womens fashion and history interests you and you dont know much about it, but not if youre looking to be shocked or inspired or learn something new, you'd be better off looking elsewhere, the stuff theyre showing is cool and inspiring to see or read, but its all things I've seen before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment